Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

TCP tuesday Retro!


For this weeks Cat's pajamas tuesday challenge was to go retro. What does that mean you ask....to choose an older tcptues challenge. This is the challenge I chose here. An old sketch back from May of 2010. I have never made a circle shaped card before so figured that would be a challenge in itself...lol!
I was so excited to break out "whale of a time". As soon as I laid eyes on this sweet whale, I simply had to have him. LOVE him!

I started by using my largest classic circle nestie as my card base. I paper pieced my whale using more of my new Stella and Rose pp. (notice his sweet sailor hat...I paper pieced it using an old book as my pp). I repetitive stamped the sentiment on a square piece of vellum for the square panel from the sketch. I cut the waves using more Stella and Rose paper and then sandwiched my whale between the waves. The top of my whale and the tips of the waves have dimensionals to really make my design "pop".

Supplies: Stamps: Whale of a time (The Cats pajamas). CS: whisper white cs (SU!), aruba cs (bazzil), vellum, PP: Stella and Rose (MME). Ink: Staz on, momento. Access: classic circle and classic scallop circle nestabilities, wave die (TCP), baby brads (recollections), ribbon (Offray), dimensionals, 2 way glue pen.

Have a stamp happy day!
Ciao!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home