Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Friday, February 04, 2011

Who let the dogs out?


My baby girl (my first born; who's not such a baby anymore) is turning 8 tomorrow! I can't believe it!! Seems just like yesterday I brought my sweet peanut home and marveled at her tiny size and wondered how on earth would the hospital send us home with her all on our own...lol!

My girl asked for a birthday card to do with pets. It just so happened I had been thinking how I wanted to try making a card masking all these dogs from MFT's gone to the dogs set. Perfect timing! I masked, and masked, and masked some more. I love this set (especially because it has a whippet in it!).

This card is a funny size (6 X 4 1/4) due to the length of all these dogs. I looked through my sketch book for a sketch that would suit this image and came up with an old sketch by Amy R . (sketch #37 to be exact). I pulled out my city park paper by American crafts and went to work. I adore this paper so, be prepared to see a lot of it! The sentiment is computer generated and I printed it out onto the "bone" name tag, added some ribbon and a clear button, some liquid applique for the poodle and called it done! The inside reads: "Have a grrr-eat Birthday".

Supplies: Stamps: gone to the dogs (MFT). CS: Aruba (core-dinations), chocolate chip cs (SU!), neenah solar crest cs. PP: City park (American crafts). Ink: Momento. Access: Copic markers, white gel pen, circle punches, liquid applique, dimensionals, ribbon (May Arts), clear button (SU!), glue dots.

Ciao!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home