Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Monday, January 24, 2011

A teacher takes a hand...


Opens a mind, and touches a heart.
I took part in MFT (My favorite things) weekly sketch challenge (#3). I love this pure innocence image (apple for you). I paired her up with some Cosmo cricket school spirit collection 6X6 paper. Too bad the paper behind my girl is mostly covered up :( The print is adorable and features school houses and yellow buses...too cute!

I have to admit I absolutely LOVED this sketch and most of it came together fast and easily...until the end...lol. Once I came to the top left corner detail, the train stopped. Nothing I tried looked right and it stumped me good. Finally, I remembered this old twill tape ribbon I had and made a loopy, blossom type thing, paired it with a wooden button and called it done! The sentiment was a "free set" I received from MFT when I purchased 3 full sized stamp sets from the new release and all the sentiments are based around teachers. A set I simply had to add to my collection.

Supplies: Stamps: Pure Innocence apple for you, teachers sentiments (MFT). CS: Staples brand 110lb white cs. kraft cs (SU!). PP: school spirit (Cosmo Cricket 6X6 pad). Ink: momento. Access: twill tape (Unknown), wooden button (time 4 crafts), Copic markers, white gel pen, for you rub on (SU!), ric rac (May arts), red stickles (Ranger), dimensionals and glue dots.

Try your hand at the MFT sketch challenges, did you know that you can win free stamps? Yes, you! All you have to do is take part and upload your creations to Splitcoast...show us what ya got!

Ciao for now!

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 7:20 PM, Blogger carole (TruCarMa) said…

    Super cute, Jen! I love this PI, too. :)

     
  • At 7:25 PM, Blogger Jody Morrow said…

    Super cute card! PS: make sure you check out your MFT newsletter tonight. It should hit your inbox around midnight EST. ;) You might see something you recognize.

     
  • At 8:10 PM, Blogger Christina Fischer said…

    This is adorable!! The twill in the corner is perfect! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home