Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Bee my honey...


I never got around to taking part in "the cat's pajamas" (TCP) tuesday challenge last week. It was a sketch challenge and you can check the sketch out here. I had just received my new stamps from them and was dying to try my hand at this sketch! I basically put the card together in my head these last few days (since I was unable to stamp), so when I had some time this afternoon, it went fairly quickly. ((Yay!)).

I pulled out my new PJ bear (honey bear set) and paper pieced parts of him using some fabulous Valentine paper by Pebbles. I coloured the rest of him using my Copic markers and added my white gel pen highlights. I adore this paper by Pebbles....it is so cute and was perfect to make my oldest daughter a Valentine's card.

Using my sewing machine I stitched a trail from the bee's and then zig zag stitched the ends of the patterned paper strips for some added detail. I added some die cut hearts using the heart trio die from TCP for a little added something to go with my sentiment. PJ bear is up on dimensionals and the bee's have glitter on their wings.

Supplies: Stamps: Honey bear (The Cat's Pajamas). CS: whisper white (card base only), chocolate chip, kraft, rose red cs (SU!). Neenah solar crest white cs, PP: Pebbles (Twitterpated collection). Ink: Momento. Access: Copic markers, white gel pen, Tonic circle cutter system, dazzling diamonds glitter, 2way glue pen, button, hemp thread, heart trio dies, sewing machine, glue dots and dimensionals.

Ciao!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 10:30 AM, Blogger Alma de la Rosa said…

    Such a cute card. Love the paper piecing in the heart and the coloring of the bear.

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger Tracy said…

    Your card is A*M*A*Z*I*N*G!!!! I'm sure your daughter loved it. We do!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home