Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Sugar Nellie challenge...take 2!

Okay, here it is....and this one will be eligible...lol. Here is a link to the contest: Sugar Nellie contest. It is a great contest and the prizes are simply delicious (6 Christmas sugar nellie stamps AND the spellbinders nestabilitie snowflake die!!!) How generous is that? And all you have to do is enter a card using a sugar nellie image following the given sketch. Easy peasy lemon squeezy! ((grin)).

I pulled out one of my gorgous "gorjuss girls" and went to town. I pulled this really, really old, non-traditional Christmas paper out of my scraps and pulled my colours from it. Instead of using a doily on this design (which just didn't look right) I used a scalloped circle using my nestabilities. The sentiments were done on my computer and I paper pieced her dress. Her little "letter to Santa" has a rhinestone on the seal.

Here is an up-close shot of her:

Supplies: Stamp: gorjuss girl sent with love (Sugar Nellie). CS: Neenah white cs, baja breeze and cherry cobbler cs (SU!), PP: Scenic route. Ink: Momento. Access: Copic markers, white gel pen (Sakura), ribbon (American crafts), silver cord (SU!), silver bells and rhinestone (Michaels), Corner rounder punch (SU!), Spellbinders nestabilities, and staple.

Give the sketch a shot...random generator chooses the winner so you never know...it might be you!

Thanks for checking out my newest creation!
Cheers!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:17 AM, Blogger Kiki said…

    This is really gorgeous! The image is colored perfectly! Great take on the sketch, too.

    Thanks for playing with us in The Sugar Bowl.

    Hugs, Kiki

     
  • At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gorgeous card with fab image and details :)
    Thanks for playing in the Sugar Bowl!
    Marlene x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home