Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Friday, June 12, 2009

water + sand= Father's Day card...



Today's limited supply challenge was to use only "beach" colours (blue, grey, sands) and you had to use all of the following: Ribbon, hemp/twine or fibres, brads and piercing on your card. I immediately knew I wanted to use my coast to coast set and make a card for my Dad for Father's Day. I decided to also combine this week's sketch challenge as well.

I started out by stamping my main background with Papertrey Ink's Father know's best set (the compass image) in night of navy and at every center of the image I added a silver brad. I stamped the lighthouse the same way and then inked up my sentiment in black and stamped it over the main image. Sentiment reads " any man can be a Father, it takes someone special to be a Dad". The patterned paper is from the 3 bugs "playtime" line. For the square panels under the main image I paper pierced the edges to sort of "frame" the main image. Red isn't really allowed in the colour scheme for the challenge but it really was what looked best and I think red is very beachy...lol. nautical, cape cod, beach cabana's....ha ha ha! That's my story and I'm sticking to it. For the final touches I added some navy grosgrain ribbon and stitched little X's with hemp thread and then mounted the whole works onto a kraft card base.

Stamps: Coast to Coast (Stampin' Up), Father know's best (Papertrey Ink). CS: kraft, whisper white, riding hood red, night of navy and patterned paper by 3 bugs playtime line. Ink: Night of navy, Momento. Access: brads, mat pack, hemp thread, grosgrain ribbon, paper piercer.

Hope everyone has a stamp happy weekend!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home