Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Have faith...

I needed to make a really powerful, up-lifting, positive card for my Uncle who is sick. He has just been diagnosed with lung cancer and has just started radiation treatment. I wanted to send him something letting him know we are thinking of him and have faith he will overcome this long journey ahead of him.

This sentiment is from Unity and called move mountains. I actually received this image/sentiment from the PIF thread (pay it forward). For the card base, I stamped the weathered bg once and then turned the stamp and stamped again. This gives it a more crackled appearance and tends to fill up more of the extra space on the bg image. I added some scraps from my pattened paper bin, matted the main image and popped it up onto dimensionals. I used my colour spritzer tool to distress up the main image added some chocolate taffeta ribbon, a button and a twig. Yep, you heard me right a twig. I love the effect it adds to the card. I dug through my sketch notebook and came across this older sketch challenge from Splitcoast (SC215). It was a perfect fit for this card as I needed the sentiment to be the main focus.

Supplies: move mountains (Unity) weathered bg (Stampin' Up~retired). CS: chocolate chip, so saffron, white, riding hood red, assorted scraps (Basic Grey, crate paper). Ink: versafine (vintage sepia). Access: colour spritzer tool, chocolate chip marker, dimensionals, button, chocolate taffeta ribbon, glue dots and twig.

Thanks for stopping by and have a stamp happy day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home