Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Sympathy for the Freeman family...

I was checking out the Splitcoast sketch challenge cards in the gallery when I came across a card that informed me of the Freeman family's loss. They lost their daughter named Kaleigh. Check out the Freeman family blog here and read about the fight and many hurdles this family has gone through. Kaleigh joined God on May 11. I will forewarn you that reading Kaleigh's blog is extremely heartwrenching, but what a strong, and wonderful family they are. I was so moved reading the blog that I really wanted to make a sympathy card to send to them and let them know just how much their story
touched me.
I made the card following the sketch challenge and used my new gorjuss girls #2. I stamped her onto watercolour paper and then watercoloured her using a paintbrush, and ink pads. I stamped my sentiment onto acetate with Staz on and then layered it over the main image. The organdy ribbon was curled using my heat gun (warning! Use caution doing this the ribbon will melt very quickly!!).
Stamps: Gorjuss girls #2 (Sugar Nellie), Sentiment (Stampin Up~ brighter tomorrow). CS: mauve mist, watercolour paper, acetate, bazill cs, wild asparagus patterned paper. Ink: Brilliance and perfect plum, elegent eggplant, so saffron, chocolate chip, close to cocoa, creamy caramel and blush blossom for watercolouring. Access: Silver organdy (offray), ribbon blossom (unknown), glue dots, branch punch (Martha Stewart), lace trim (Making Memories), pearl pin (Making Memories) and dimensionals.
Hug your loved ones and remember just how blessed we are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home