Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Monday, April 13, 2009

The road to a friends house...



I snagged this adorable A Muse stamp whilst out shopping at a little stamp shop not so far from me. It was the last one so of course that doubled the need to have it ((grin!)). I couldn't wait to use this little guy and was quite happy to find the weekend sketch challenge posted by Laurie. I also happened to notice that at the A Muse lounge there was a challenge posted that I could probably incorporate into the sketch. "Think simple. Think A Muse." that is the challenge.

I stamped my carrot car onto Neenah cs and then stamped it again onto some patterned paper by Making Memories (all the patterned paper on my card is from the 6X6 flower patch pad). I paper pieced the carrot and coloured the green leafy stem and the bunny's scarf using my Copics. I used my nesties to cut and emboss the carrot car and also for the scallopped circle mat. I added some lace ribbon trim (also from Making Memories) and the sentiment is some ancient rub on's I had kicking around. A Muse actually has this sentiment but the shop I was out was sold out, so I have put in a special order as i simply *have* to have it! I think my card meets the criteria, overall I really like the way it turned out and this is huge for me as for some reason I seem to struggle using these stamps. I buy them, want them, love them, but hardly use them as their size (being so small) intimidates me! Sounds so silly but it's true. So I am really working at using my beloved A Muse stamps (while adding more to my collection of course...wink!) and cranking out some cards.

Supplies: Carrot car (A Muse). CS: kraft cs, sage shadow, neenah white, patterned papers by Making Memories (flower patch line). Ink: Momento. Access: ribbon lace trim (Making Memories), classic and scalloped circle nestabilities, cuttle bug, and rub ons.

Thanks for checking in and have a stamp happy day!



2 Comments:

  • At 8:35 AM, Blogger Lynne in NI said…

    I love it!
    (Funny, I can't work with small stamps either!)

     
  • At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Laurie Schmidlin said…

    LOL! I feel the same way about small stamps!! You however made them look fantastic!!

    Thanks so much for playing!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home