Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Inky Impressions 1st design team call



Inky Impressions is holding their 1st ever design team call!!!! So I am uploading my 2 projects in hopes of getting chosen to continue on to stage 2 of the design team try outs. Check out the call here. The cut off date has been extended so there is still time to try out (grin).


I chose to use "talking to the birds" by Sugar Nellie for my first project and made a card, take out box with matching fortune cookies for a little birthday gift set. I used my Copic markers and the discontinued Haiku designer paper by Stampin' up as my inspiration.


I covered the tiny take out box in matching patterned paper, tied various ribbons along the handle, popped the sugar nellie scalloped circle up on dimensionals and included a little pull out sentiment on a word window punch. (the pull out window says "...and many more").


I adore this image of Nellie and the birds and thoroughly enjoyed colouring
her. The sentiment on the card is

from Stampin up's "pun fun" and popped up onto dimensionals for some
added dimension. I added some stickles to the blossom in her hair and the blossoms on the tree, and tied on an Asian coin (I think they are meant for good luck?).



For my second project I made a card


using Tilda with Christmas stocking. I

paired her up with some left over Cosmo
Cricket dutch girl patterned paper that

I had and that is where I got my colour combo from. I popped tilda up off of the bench and drew in some grass with my Copics. I used my spellbinders double ended tags for my sentiment and once cut and embossed left the die in place and sponged soft sky onto my tag. I added some taffeta ribbon and coloured my confetti flower using a Copic marker. I really liked the way that the flower matched the design on tilda's booty slippers. I added a small button and tied on some hemp thread for my finishing touches.

Thanks so much for stopping in and checking out my latest! Let's hope it's enough to get me into the next stage!!!
Have a stamp happy day!



4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home