Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Saturday, March 07, 2009

Garden book Tilda...



I finally made my little bookworm Tilda (study Tilda is actually what she is called) into a completed card! I came across this sketch challenge by ATS (all that scraps) and decided it would work nicely for what I had in mind. I did have to change the oval shape to a circle shape as I still have to buy some oval nesties to add to my collection.

I started by cutting Tilda out mounting her so her crossed legs hang over the edge of the circle design. I used some scraps left over from my Making Memories paper pack (flower patch) and took my colour combo from there (berry sorbet, sweet blush and whisper white). I added my lace trim punch, swiss dot's embossing folder, some prima's and some buttons that I sewed onto the prima's and tied the thread. The sentiment I took from the quote garden. The quote "a book is like a garden carried in the pocket" is a Chinese proverb. I added some stitched berry sorbet ribbon and some stickles for Tilda's wings for the finishing touches.

Study Tilda is an image I snagged from the PIF thread (pay it forward). Such a great way to accumulate some great images. I love books so anytime I see a cute image that has to do with books, I simply must have it ((grin)) and what better then a Tilda image with books!

Stamps: Study Tilda (Magnolia). CS: whisper white, sweet blush, berry sorbet, white cs and Flower patch patterned paper (Making Memories). Ink: Momento tuxedo black. Access: classic and scallop nestabilities, cuttlebug, swiss dots embossing folder, Copics, stickles, prima's, buttons, pink thread, berry sorbet stitched ribbon, lace edge punch (Martha Stewart), and computer for sentiment.

Have a stamp happy weekend!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home