Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Just a love note...


to say Happy Valentines Day! Today's ways to use it challenge on Splitcoast was to use an "embellishment pile up". (Layer embellishments on top of each other).

I received these "mailbox greetings" images while playing in the PIF (pay it forward thread) and set to work colouring them in with my Prismas. Isn't it funny how distorted colours can be once uploaded to the computer?! This card is one of them! Not only are my colours distorted but my colouring is not showing up well...so....you will just have to take my word that it really does look nice...ha ha ha! Seriously though, the card base is riding hood red not this orangish colour that it appears to be. I combined the ways to use it challenge with yesterday's sketch challenge and this is the result. I used crystal effects for the water under the mailboxes to give a glossy look. The embellishment pile up is as follows: mini envelope (made with the mini envelope template), chipboard heart inked up with riding hood red ink, Making memories cranberry glitter paint, red button from the designer buttons, red plaid ribbon. I added a little note to be pulled out from the envelope and it says: "a love note to say..." and the inside of the card says "happy Valentine's day".

Supplies: Stamps: mailbox greetings (Papertrey Ink). CS: riding hood red, kiwi kiss, white, patterned paper by Scenic Route. Ink: black and riding hood red. Access: Riding hood red taffeta ribbon, cranberry glitter paint, crystal effects, chipboard heart, button, mini envelope template, red gingham ribbon, computer for sentiment.
I am home with a sick Birthday girl today....my poor sick girl is celebrating her 6th Birthday today!!!! I cannot believe she is 6 already. Everyone always told me how fast kids grow but until you have your own, you don't realize just how true it is.
I wish you all a stamp happy day!









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home