Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Bee mine...



I am back from Vancouver and trying to get back into our routines. My daughter goes back to Children's hospital in 4 weeks time to meet with the doctors again. She has been diagnosed with Alopecia and is starting a 6 week oral steroid treatment to see if the doctors can get her hair to stop falling out and possibly re-grow again. I don't know if many of you know about Alopecia (I myself had never even heard about it until now but, there is an incredible website that explains as much as they know about it. Check out the site here if you are interested: Alopecia). Thanks so much for the messages of support and prayers that were sent out to my family and I, we really appreciate it.

I did manage to squeek in a card once I got home last night. I pre-ordered this adorable "just buzzing by" set and couldn't wait to ink it up. Since I saw this set, I knew I wanted to make a "bee" Valentine's day card. I started by stamping the bee's in a line and colouring them using my prisma pencils, gamsol and stumps. I borrowed some of this adorable Valentine's themed paper from my friend who I stamped with last night (it's from My Mind's eye) and matted it with bravo burgundy cs. I did the sentiment on the computer and punched it out with my oval punches and popped them up to add some dimension to my design. (it's also hiding a boo-boo I stamped underneath the bee's...lol. Luckily I was able to hide it with the sentiment). I added some ribbon and an adorable stick pin. I wanted a thick white border to really make the design pop and added some stickles to the bee's little antenna's.

Supplies: Stamps: just buzzing by. CS: whisper white, bravo burgundy, regal rose and patterned paper by My Mind's eye. Ink: Brilliance graphite black. Access: bravo burgundy 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, bravo burgundy and regal rose grosgrain ribbon, stick pins (Making memories), dimensionals, small and medium oval punches, Prisma pencils, gamsol, stumps, and stickles.

Wishing you a stamp happy day!



1 Comments:

  • At 8:14 PM, Blogger Silly Skittles said…

    *hugs* Sorry to hear about your daughter...the most little ones should worry about is what their imaginary friends' names are and if mommy or daddy will let them have ice cream for dinner or something...I don't know too much about alopecia (sp?) but I was goin to read up on it after this!

    Hope she feels better and had a good birthday!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home