Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Perfect match...

Today's featured stamper on Splitcoast is JayDeKay. I chose to case this card here of hers. I changed the main image from a circle to a square to better accomodate my image, the colours, stamps and added some extra layers. The photo quality isn't great as I took the photo in the evening...ugh!

I received this image from the PIF (pay it forward) thread and wanted to paper piece it. Because I didn't have the stamp to stamp onto the patterned paper, I cut out the negative space on the socks with an exacto knife and layered patterned paper behind it. I thought these socks and their cute sentiment would be perfect for a Valentine's card so decided to continue to use up my Basic Grey blush scraps. I took the colour combination from the patterned paper. I pressed the chipboard heart into my riding hood red ink pad and then covered it in Making Memories glitter paint so it is actually very sparkly. I added some ribbon and a little button heart to finish off my design.

Supplies: Stamps: Laundry notes. CS: riding hood red, Baja breeze, pink pirouette, whisper white and patterned papers by Basic Grey (blush line). Inks: basic black, riding hood red. Access: Exacto knife, Prismacolour pencils, gamsol, stumps, berry sorbet double stitched ribbon (PTI), dimensionals, chipboard heart (SU!), cranberry glitter paint (MM), heart button (unknown), hemp thread, slit punch, and cropodial.

Thanks for checking out my latest!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my goodness. I am so happy you are back. I was afraid you left the blogging world and I love your blog. All your creations are so beautiful, in fact you are the first blog I ever read and I've been addicted ever since.
    Hope you had a wonderful holiday season and thanks for sharing all your creations with us.

    Michelle

     

Post a Comment

<< Home