Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Monday, October 13, 2008

cootie catcher Thanksgiving center piece MFT style...



So I have to admit that I really bought this set for the little owls...I honestly did not think that I would use this scarecrow and now....I am in scarecrow love!! I started playing with this little guy and wanted to make a little center piece for my table for Thanksgiving so I started checking out Splitcoast for a little something to hold some treats. I came across a past technique challenge (TLC154) where you make those folded fortune teller's (I never knew they were actually called cootie catchers...lol). I used a piece of 12X12 double sided patterned paper and followed the instructions and voila! a sweet little candy dish.


I stamped my scarecrow in Brilliance ink onto kraft cs and coloured him using Prisma colour pencils, gamsol and stumps. I used rafia for his hair, sticking out of his chest and popping out from his shirt sleeves...he looks so real. I stamped his hat twice and popped up the brim over his hair to add some dimension to him. I also popped up the corn behind him for added dimension. I used a glue dot to secure him to his "stick", made a hole in the center of the cootie catcher and he sits right in the center scaring people from eating my pistachio's...lol. I still wanted to add a little something and decided that one of the sentiments from "branch out" would be perfect ("let us gather with grateful hearts") so I stamped it onto really rust cs four times and secured them onto the cootie catcher with brads. I am really excited that this came out exactly like I had envisioned and hoped!

I really hope everyone is having a wonderful and happy Thanksgiving! It is just my husband, daughter and I for dinner at our house this year and also my first time making the dinner completely on my own... :o should be interesting...lol.

stamps: we're not scared (MFT), sentiment (branch out~MFT). CS: kraft, whisper white, really rust and designer paper by KI memories. Ink: Brilliance, basic black. Access: dimensionals, rafia, glue dot, Prisma colour pencils, gamsol, stumps, brads, hemp thread, and pencil.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:47 PM, Blogger Jamee said…

    that is such a cute idea!! i remember making those things in elementary school!

     
  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger Kristine said…

    =) LOVE THIS!! Funny, I was just thinking about making some of these for centerpieces at our church's annual Harvest Party, and now I see you made a scarecrow one--PERFECT! Although I don't own a scarecrow stamp,lol. I could do pumpkins though. LOVE how you used the wavy strips to attach the sides together! That'd prolly make it sturdier to hold the nuts, huh? :) CUTE!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home