Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Monday, September 29, 2008

Late featured cards...


I was late getting to take part in the featured stamper challenge on Splitcoast but actually managed to crank out 2 cards for it! The featured stamper is Terrore3 (congratulations!!) she has an amazing gallery, and it was difficult to choose just one but this is the card I cased here. I changed stamps, colours, occassions, I added some more layers and changed some of the punched shapes.

This is actually the second card I made, but I like it better than the first one I did. I used the same layout in this design as the first card. This set "rain or shine" by MFT (My Favorite Things) is another one I purchased quite awhile ago and never inked it up until now. LOVE this set! I have seen so many cute cards done with her raincoat paper pieced, so I had to give it a whirl. I coloured the rest of the image in Prisma colour pencils, gamsol and stumps. I added crystal effects to the puddle so it's super shiny and slick looking. I used my gel pen to make the white polka dots really stand out. Her umbrella and the sentiments are on dimensionals.

For the sympathy card I stamped the pale plum cs with the floral background stamp in corresponding ink. For the main image I stamped the French script background in perfect plum ink (stamped off) over the lilacs to add some "layering". I stacked the circle punches and oval punch and popped it up onto dimensionals for the sentiment.
Supplies:
card 1: stamps: Rain or Shine (MFT), best yet (SU! hostess set). CS: kiwi kiss, bashful blue, whisper white. Sweet blush cs (Papertrey Ink), PP: Chatterbox. Inks: Blk staz on, bashful blue, basic black. Access: scallop circle, 1 1/4" circle, 1 3/8" circle punches, dble stitched berry sorbet ribbon (Papertrey Ink), white gel pen, blk marker, crystal effects, dimensionals, Prismacolour pencils, gamsol and stumps.
card 2: Stamps: Blossoms abound, warmest regards, floral bg, French Script bg. CS: Basic Grey, elegent eggplant, pale plum, whisper white. Inks: elegent eggplant, pale plum, perfect plum, mellow moss. Access: silver organdy ribbon (Offray), silver cord, 1 3/8" circle, 1 1/4" circle, med oval punches. dimensionals.
Ciao for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home