Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Friday, September 26, 2008

Holly jolly penguins...



For today's limited supply challenge on Splitcoast we were to make a Christmas card with animal stamps and the only embellishment allowed was ribbon. Upon uploading this I realize I used rub on's for my sentiment...is that considered an embellishment?? LOL...oops!

I dug out these cute stamps I purchased from Art Impressions "Winter Penguins". Sadly, only one stamp from the set had ever seen ink :0! so I inked them up and went on my way. I decided to give my hand a try with Taylored expressions sketch challenge this week....super cute layout. I used patterned paper from Basic Grey's figgy pudding 6X6 pad and the rub on's for my sentiment are also Basic Grey. I coloured the penguins on watercolour paper and added liquid applique on the fur trim on their hats. The main image panel is up on dimensionals for some added dimension.

Stamps: Winter penguins (Art Impressions). CS: basic black, white, ruby red, watercolour paper and pp: Basic Grey (figgy pudding). Ink: blk staz on, ruby red, mellow moss, bravo burgundy and pumpkin pie. Access: ribbon (May Arts), dimensionals, glue dots, Basic Grey rub ons, liquid applique, paint brush.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!



3 Comments:

  • At 6:21 PM, Blogger Denise Marzec said…

    Cute penguins, and I love figgy pudding DP. :)

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger Ida said…

    Very Cute! I love the Penguin image and your ribbon. I played to if you want to check out my card.

     
  • At 4:47 AM, Blogger Elena said…

    Very cute! Love the papers you used! Your coloring is very beautiful! I never had a luck with water color paper!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home