Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Mellow sympathy...


I made this up for the featured stamper on Splitcoast. The challenge was posted early so I was able to take part and post my card tonight...which is good cause I have to work tomorrow and otherwise would not have time to take part or post in the challenge.
The featured stamper was Lazy Lizard and this is her card I chose to case here. Liz has a wonderful gallery to choose from, I finally narrowed down my decision to this design. I love how the sentiment is front and stage in her design. I kept the layout exactly the same but changed the colours, stamps, occasion and I didn't use any patterned papers.
I stamped the barely banana panel with the floral bg in so saffron ink. The moss panel was randomly stamped with the leaves stamp from "embrace life" in always artichoke ink and then randomly stamped again in versamark and embossed with gold emboss powder. I decided to add the little bit of embossed gold to match the ribbon I was adding to the card. The sentiment was stamped with artichoke ink onto very vanilla cs and the edges were stamped with embrace life in mellow moss ink. The ribbon was added and then the moss panel was popped up with dimensionals.
Supplies:
stamps: embrace life, floral bg, and brighter tomorrow. CS: always artichoke, barely banana, mellow moss and very vanilla. Inks: always artichoke, so saffron and mellow moss. Access: organdy ribbon (May Arts), horizontal slot punch, gold embossing powder, heat gun, versamark ink, dimensionals.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:33 PM, Blogger Joan Ervin said…

    This is such a beautiful card...love the color combo and the stamps you used!!! Awesome work!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home