Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Gray riding hood galore space cutie...



Today's colour challenge on Splitcoast was to use going gray, riding hood red and green galore!! Quite the combo...lol. Whilst sitting wondering what in the world am I going to do with this combo I remembered some patterned paper I had just bought yesterday that was uber cute. Upon checking...yep, matched those colours pretty well. So I decided to pull out my Lizzie Anne Designs "out of this world" set to play with.

Unfortunately, this card took waaay longer then it should have but I kept having problems with my little stamp scene and had to re-stamp it a few times too many...lol. Because I do not have going gray or riding hood red, I substituted basic grey and real red. I coloured the images using a paintbrush and squeezing the pads to release the ink into the lids. I added stickles to the fire on the rocket and the black holes in the moon. Lot's of dimensionals used to pop up the embellishments. After all the time it took to complete, I think it was worth it, such a fun whimsical set for little boys. What I think is funny is that I do not have a boy but always buy fun "boy" paper. With this particular set, it's easy to make the space set "girl" by just using feminine colours so, that isn't an issue. My daughter is not a girly girl at all (loves dinosaurs, bugs, snakes, animals of any type so when I see paper that works with her interests, I buy it and generally that is boy paper...lol.

Supplies:

Stamps: Out of this world (Lizzie Anne Designs). CS: basic grey, real red, green galore, whisper white. PP: 3 bugs in a rug (Playtime). Ink: Blk staz on, real red, green galore, basic grey, blk marker. Access: stickles, dimensionals, 3 bugs arrow embellishments, paintbrush, ribbon, corner rounder punch.

Have a fabulous day!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home