Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Vintage Beach memories...


Back again! I have been more creative in the last 2 days than I have been in 2 weeks...lol. I decided to take part in Julee's mojo sketch and used this awesome image sent to me by Denise out of the kindness of her heart (I had mentioned how much I loved the image and she sent me some just out of the blue...how sweet is that?! Thanks again Denise!).
I dug out this old patterned paper that I had from Daisy D's (I love this paper, and actually bought a couple sheets). I coloured the main image with my Prisma's (of course) and then using my paper cutter, scored double lines around the main image (I am waiting to see if my LSS can order me in a score pal, cannot fight it any longer, must have one!) and using my distressed the edges with my distress ink (note: I also distressed the real red edges and the white card base as well). I popped the little girls hat up onto dimensionals. I added the sentiment using the "happy harmony" set and embossed it with white emboss powder and then used a brad with some ribbon for the top corner. I love the vintage feel to this card. I used almost the same dimensions as Julee did the only difference was I made my card base 4.5 X 4.5.
Stamps: Crafty secrets seaside, happy harmony (sentiment). CS: whisper white, real red, Daisy D's patterned paper. Ink: Black, and versamark. Access: white emboss powder, heat gun, Prisma colour pencils, gamsol, stumps, brad, red gingham ribbon, Nick Bantock Distress ink (Vandyke brown), dimensionals.


1 Comments:

  • At 7:00 PM, Blogger Denise Marzec said…

    You're very welcome!...and I L-O-V-E what you've done with the image. Holy WOW on the coloring!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home