Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Friday, June 20, 2008

Thank you teacher...

I have been a bad blogger...lol. Sorry I have been MIA for a couple of weeks, but I had family visiting and I just have not been feeling creative at all....sometimes, we all need a break now and then.

Anyhoo, my daughter's last day of pre-school is this Wednesday and I figured I had better get my end of year thank you's done for her teachers. The teacher card I posted in the last post is going to her teacher (her main teacher that is, there are 4 helpers as well). These little bags are what I made for the 4 class helpers. I made the 2, 5, 7, 10 bag, following the tutorial on Splitcoast. You can check that tutorial out here if you would like. I stamped the apple from Cornish Heritage Farms "Making the grade" set in basic black onto real red. Using the lined paper backgrounder (also from Cornish Heritage Farms) I stamped the base for the main image and distressed the edges. I stamped the apple once straight onto the lined paper and once again to cut out and pop up over the main image, I added a button and the sentiment to finish these off.

These notecards will go with the teacher card posted in the last post. There are 2 cards of each design for a total of 6 cards. I will package these up in a clear acetate box to jazz them up a little bit. The monogram came from a PIF on Splitcoast (I specifically requested the "G" for my daughter's pre-school teacher's last name). I simply punched them out with a 2" circle punch and them mounted them onto a mega scallop circle punch. The card bases are real red and then just a panel of patterned paper with a strip of co-ordinating patterned paper with the monogram popped up for some dimension. For a finishing touch on the envelopes I added a strip of the patterned paper along the bottom of the envelopes.

Supplies:

2, 5, 7, 10 boxes: stamps: Making the grade (Kim Hughes, Cornish Heritage Farms). CS: Real red, whisper white. Ink: basic black, real red, old olive marker. Access: Black gingham ribbon, crop-o-dial, dimensionals, paper distresser, earth elements buttons, hemp thread, glue dots.

Note cards: Stamps: Just rite monogramer. CS: Real red, white cs, Basic Grey patterned paper (Recess and Mellow collections). Ink: basic black. Access: 2" circle punch, mega scallop circle punch, dimensionals.

Thanks for stopping in and have a great weekend!


1 Comments:

  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger Denise Marzec said…

    Awww, what awesome teacher cards. So sweet. They'll love them!!

    We've missed ya. Hope you had a great time visiting with your family. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home