Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Featured Teacher...



I was so happy to be have a chance to take part in the Featured stamper challenge on Splitcoast. YLM (Cindy) was the featured stamper and this is her card that I chose to case here. With this challenge you make a card following their layout but must change at least 3 things. I changed stamp sets, colour palette and used less layers, to accomodate my stamps better.

I made this for my daughter's pre-school teacher for the end of the year. As soon as I saw this set "making the grade" from Kim Hughes (Cornish Heritage farms) it was a must have for me. I knew it would be perfect for making any type of teacher's card.

I stamped the lined paper backgrounder in buckaroo blue onto very vanilla cs and took my real red marker and coloured the margin on the bg stamp so it would resemble real lined paper. Using my paper distresser I distressed the paper edges and then using my cropodial punched the holes in the margin and snipped them so that it looks like the paper has been torn out of a notebook. Then using my markers I coloured in the tree and stamped it onto whisper white cs and cut it out, I stamped the school house in real red and also cut that out and adhered them onto the lined paper. Then using my stamp a ma jig I line up the "teacher" sentiment and stamped on an angle to mimic how YLM (Cindy) did her sentiment. I mounted the main image onto real red cs and then popped it up onto dimensionals. I added some ruler type ribbon to seperate my 2 patterned papers (from Basic Grey's Recess line) and then added a snippett (is that a word?? LOL) in the left hand corner with a staple. A silver brad in the left corner finishes off the design.

Stamps: Making the grade (Kim Hughes, Cornish Heritage farms), lined paper background (Cornish heritage farms). CS: real red, very vanilla, whisper white and Basic Grey Recess collection. Inks: real red, basic black, buckaroo blue, Markers: old olive, chocolate chip. Access: paper distresser, crop o dial, stamp a ma jig, stapler, measuring tape ribbon, brad and dimensionals.

Thanks for stopping in!


2 Comments:

  • At 3:39 AM, Blogger Denise Marzec said…

    Wow Jen, this is awesome! You do amazing work...always so perfectly laid out, great colors, and fun stamp choices. I love hopping over here to see what you've been up to. Keep it up girl!

     
  • At 11:20 PM, Blogger There She Goes Clear Stamps said…

    This card is gorgeous, great job!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home