Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Friday, May 30, 2008

Cherished mustangs

I needed to make a very special thank you card so decided to use Beate's weekend sketch challenge as the layout for my card. You can check out Beate's challenge here. This was one of those cards that I envisioned in my mind and pulled together just as I had hoped!! yay!

I pulled out the retired "bareback set and stamped the horse twice in chocolate chip and once in close to cocoa, I cut out the cocoa and 1 chocolate one and then used different height dimensionals to get the staggered height effect I had envisioned. The patterned paper on the card base is Basic Grey from the new sugared line and the polka dot strip is from Crate paper (cowgirl collection). I added some taffeta ribbon and a star shaped spiral clip I have had for a couple of years (I only have one more left after this...ackkk! hope I can track down more...lol).


Supplies: Stamps: Bareback (retired), baroque motifs (sentiment). CS: sahara sand, creamy caramel, very vanilla, Basic Grey (sugared collection) and Crate paper (cowgirl collection). Inks: chocolate chip, close to cocoa, and basic black. Access: kraft taffeta ribbon, spiral star clip, SU! dimensionals and EK success dimensionals.

This is a closer shot showing the height differences in the horses.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! I am off to visit my Mom in Vancouver.


1 Comments:

  • At 8:18 PM, Blogger Barbara Taylor said…

    Love your card. I needed a special card for a SIL that just had surgery and he's a horsemen. Thanks for the inspiration. Barb.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home