Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Fore you!



I made this Father's Day design following Julee's mojo Monday sketch challenge. Check it out here. I really liked this sketch and knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. I pulled out my "Fore!" set from SU! and paper pieced it like crazy (don't ask how long it took me to do all that paper piecing as, I made 4 of these cards....whew!). But, after seeing the end result of the golf bag all pieced up, I am so glad I did it. I used some old retired patterned paper from a few catalogue's ago (sentimental journey). To give the clubs a realistic look, I coloured them with basic grey and my blender pen and then went over them with one of my sakura stardust pens (so glittery looking).

Supplies:

stamps: Fore! and Karen Foster 1/8" snap stamps. CS: river rock, buckaroo blue, true thyme, very vanilla and Sentimental journey designer paper. Inks: basic black, always artichoke and basic grey. Access: true thyme stitched ribbon, stapler, dimensionals, blender pens, Sakura stardust pen, exacto knife, 2way glue pen and scissors.

Thanks for checking out my latest!


3 Comments:

  • At 1:50 PM, Blogger Denise Marzec said…

    I love, love, LOVE what you did with the sketch...especially the three "tags". I love that you angled each one. Awesome card!!

     
  • At 6:19 AM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Wow ... this card is great. The argyle goes great with the golf clubs. Nice job.

     
  • At 7:55 AM, Blogger Amy said…

    Oh my goodness! The bag looks amazing! So worth the extra work to piece it! The out of the box technique on the golf clubs looks fantastic, too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home