Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Suggestive pow wow...



While surfing my long list of favorite blogs, I stumbled across this sketch challenge on Jen Del Muro's blog and was inspired to immediately get off the computer and put together this card. So a big thanks to Jen for such an awesome sketch!

I just happened to have some of these adorable Cats Pajama's stamped images (from PIF of course) "having a pow wow" and went to work colouring, cutting and making a cute scene. I used my prisma pencils, gamsol and stumps to colour the images. I sketched in the grass line and coloured in some grass and then used distress ink to smudge up the edges. The cat and the fire are up on dimensionals. I also raised the whole main image onto dimensionals as well, so there is lot's of depth to this card. The patterned paper is from Cosmo cricket and think it is the cutest pattern. I punched out the sentiment and matted it, orange stickles for the center of the fire and some chocolate twill ribbon to finish it off. Love, love, love this set and may just have to add it to my collection....so cute!

Stamps: Having a pow wow- The Cat's Pajamas. CS: chocolate chip, ruby red, white, Cosmo Cricket cowboy line. Ink: black staz on. Access: dimensionals, Prisma's, gamsol, stumps, chocolate twill ribbon, orange stickles, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, distress ink (Tim Holtz-walnut stain), sponge.


3 Comments:

  • At 4:42 AM, Blogger ~amy~ said…

    What a FUN card...cracks me up. Love the dp!

     
  • At 1:06 PM, Blogger Denise Marzec said…

    I love, love, LOVE this! What a great stamp...totally cool. I've had this sketch printed out since Saturday...now I think you've inspired me to get movin' on it!

     
  • At 6:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is so cute!! Love it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home