Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Monday, April 28, 2008

Afternoon tea bookmark card...



I have an upcoming workshop this weekend and needed to decide what I was planning to make. A friend of mine suggested making a bookmark card that she had seen on Splitcoast a looong while ago. What a great idea! Especially seeing as the ladies were wanting "Mother's Day" theme. I knew that I wanted to use the "live your dream" set from the mini and incorporate the afternoon tea designer paper. Then, I stumbled across the featured stamper challenge on Splitcoast and fell in love with a card by Michelle (sf9erfan, the featured stamper). This is the card I was inspired by here.

I stamped the flowers using markers, added the ribbon (skipped the bow as there was not enough room due to the main image being so large). I added the rounded tab punch with "Mother" stamped on it. I decorated the bookmark, which folds right into the card so when the recipient opens it, they have a nice surprise (and it mails in a regular envie too which is always a bonus!). I typed out the sentiment as it would not fit on the tab if I had stamped it. I simplified this design somewhat from Michelle's as like mentioned above I plan to use it at a workshop and don't want to overwhelm them! To make a bookmark card, cut your cs to 5.5 X10.5 and score as you normally would at 4.25, this leaves 2" overhang. Score this and use your perforating tool so that the bookmark can be torn out from the card.

Supplies:

stamps: Live your dream, everyday flexible phrases and It's your Bday (sentiment for inside of card). CS: wild wasabi, soft sky, whisper white. Ink: wild wasabi, groovy guava and markers: old olive, bashful blue and cameo coral. Access: bashful blue grosgrain ribbon, ticket corner punch, rounded tab punch, brad, computer.


2 Comments:

  • At 5:25 PM, Blogger Pam's Pride said…

    Beautiful card!

     
  • At 4:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love this card! My set arrives today and I have a stamp club meeting this weekend. This will definitely be one of the projects! Thanx for sharing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home