Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Basic sky wedding...



This card started as this brilliant idea in my head...by the time I started it onto paper....UGH! Not at all what I pictured. So, I changed a little of this, a little of that, added here, added there and this was the final result of massive fiddling. Not at all what I originally had in my head but finished none-the-less. The painful trials of this card combined with a "internet service outage" in my area was a recipe for major irritation...lol. But, the internet is back up (after being down for almost 12hrs), and the card is finished so happiness is restored...YAY. Oh! and add in some fabulous stamp shopping I did online the last few days and I am happy, happy, happy!

The basic black base is stamped with versamark and embossed with silver using the swirl from baroque motifs. The sky panel is cuttlebugged and the basic grey panel is stamped in co-ordinating ink using the baroque background and popped up with dimensionals to really add some dimension to this card. I embossed the circle design in silver (from Baroque motifs) cut it out, popped it up onto dimensionals and added a white brad to the center.

Do you ever wish you had a certain colour of brad, but have the colour in your embossing powders? Now, you can have that colour brad. Simply (using tweezers or scissors) heat your brad using your heat gun and once it has heated up, dip it into the emboss powder and re-heat again. I had to do that process a few times to get solid coverage for the white brads but, it does work perfectly!

Supplies:

Stamps: Baroque motifs, Baroque background, happy harmony. CS: basic black, soft sky, basic grey, and whisper white. Inks: versamark, basic grey. Access: ribbon (May Arts and Offray), brads, silver and white emboss powder, heat gun, giga square punch, cuttlebug, emboss folder, ticket corner punch, and dimensionals.

Ciao for now!


3 Comments:

  • At 5:44 PM, Blogger Alison H said…

    Gorgeous Card!!!

    You've been tagged! Check out my blog to see what's next ;-)

     
  • At 8:03 PM, Blogger ~amy~ said…

    I **love** it!!!

     
  • At 6:58 AM, Blogger Kathy K said…

    Beautiful!!! I LOVE these colors together!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home