Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Simple Pleasures...



Oh how I love my Rubber Romance girls...

I started by paper piecing retro Robyn's pants and hat. I coloured her skin, hair and leash using prismas, gamsol and a stump. I incorporated the patterned paper in her outfit as the bg paper on the card and also made a matching button as an embellishment to "tie" it all together. For the river rock panel, I stamped tres chic on it for some dimension and included some May Arts ribbon. For the sentiment, I used my computer and then popped her hat up on dimensionals as a finishing touch.

Supplies:

Stamps: Retro Robyn (Rubber Romance), tres chic bg, Large oval (Amuse). CS: basic black, river rock, whisper white, crate paper. Ink: Blk staz on, river rock. Access: clear button, May Arts ribbon, dimensionals, stamp a ma jig, prismacolour pencils, gamsol and stump.

I actually stamped 2 cards last night so was very pleased with myself...YAY!


4 Comments:

  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger Maureen said…

    love this card! I have been eyeing this stamp for awhile and think I do really NEED it....tfs
    maureen

     
  • At 7:14 AM, Blogger Kathy K said…

    Ohmigosh! I NEVER would have thought to paper piece these ladies for some reason! This card is awesome! I'm running off to my craft room to paper piece some rubber romance right NOW!

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger Kathy K said…

    Here's what I came up with!

    http://kathy-prettyinink.blogspot.com/2008/04/rain-or-shine.html

    Thanks for the inspiration!!!

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I missed this card somehow! Very nice, love paper piecing. Haven't tried it yet though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home