Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Thursday, April 03, 2008

House mouse Gift card holder...




I came across this awesome gift card holder designed by Lisa Johnson on her blog. She also includes a template on how to re-create it. Check out her blog here. As soon as I saw her gift card holder I knew it would be perfect for my niece's Birthday card.
I received this stamped image in an image swap a long time ago (maybe 2 years ago?) and decided to colour it in using my blender pens. Looking at it now, I wish I had used prismacolour pencils and gamsol instead but, no use whining about it now...lol. Once I coloured the mice all in, I used my Sakura stardust gelly pen and made the balloon and mice all sparkly, to really make them
pop! I love this colour combo and was inspired by this super cool blog, that was recommended by a fellow blogger. check it out here. I stuck with just the pinks and black though. I found this super cool matching ribbon in my stash and think it was the perfect addition to the card.
For the inside, I used the same sentiment that Lisa used except, I don't have the stamp so used my computer instead. The sentiment is from Papertrey Birthday basics and is a set I HAVE to add to my collection. As we all know, one can never have too many sentiment sets! For the background panel under the gift card, I stamped "seeing spots" in pink and black. I added a spot from seeing spots, punched out and matted onto a black circle, a black brad in the center to secure it onto the ribbon as an added charm over the gift card.

Lisa's gift card, is definately one I will make again in the future, so easy and very eyecatching and a fun way to present a gift card!

Stamps: house mouse, seeing spots, cute converse. CS: basic black, regal rose, pretty in pink and blush blossom. Inks: basic black, regal rose, close to cocoa, pretty in pink, creamy caramel, blush blossom. Access: ribbon, horizontal slot punch, ticket corner punch, rounded tab punch, prima flower, brads, Sakura stardust gel pen, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, slit punch, and computer.
Thanks for checking out my latest!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home