Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Friday, March 28, 2008

Dino-Mite!!





I was so excited that Stampin up! added a new dinosaur set this year! I had been waiting and waiting and was finally rewarded this season. My daughter is dino crazy so buying this set was a no brainer.

For this card I actually followed a sketch by Taylored Expressions and really liked the outcome of this card. The only thing I changed up on the sketch was the tie and slot punch on her version were on the other side of the dino, for space issues, I reversed them. I used the east coast prep patterned paper and took my cs colours from the designer paper. I stamped the palm tree tops in wild wasabi and then stamped them again onto a scrap on whisper white, cut them out and popped them up with dimensionals. For the tie, I used the wide grosgrain across the card but used the narrow grosgrain for the actual tie along with some mustard grosgrain for some contrast. I added a sentiment with the oval punches and my computer.

Supplies:

Stamps: prehistoric pals. CS: more mustard, real red, wild wasabi, tempting turquoise, whisper white and east coast prep designer paper. Inks: more mustard, close to cocoa, wild wasabi. Access: 5/8" real red grosgrain ribbon, narrow real red and more mustard grosgrain ribbon, horizontal slot punch, dimensionals, both oval punches.

Gotta run, off to work in the snow!!!! I can't believe it's snowing here! Hope everyone has a happy day.



2 Comments:

  • At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I saw this card on Splitcoast Stampers and it looked like they did some kind of water thing on the dino and it was so cute. Yours is just about like it , I love it. Keep up the good work. I ordered the two sets just to do this card.

     
  • At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Saw this on Split Coast!! So cute! My daughter is also "Dino Crazy" so I had to get this set too! Love how you made this card!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home