Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Friday, March 07, 2008

Hawaiian Chalks...



I wanted to try my hand at the chalkboard technique again and decided to use the retired "do the hula" set. I love this set! I think the chalkboard technique worked perfectly with this set.

I stamped the blossom and leave in whisper white ink onto basic grey paper and dabbed the calk onto the white ink. I added a light pink over the blossom and then added an apricot type colour over it to make the blossoms as close to the guava cs as possible. I stamped the weathered bg over the whole main image in basic grey ink and roughed up the edges with my paper distresser. The card base is wild wasabi with whisper white and groovy guava matted on top. The guava panel has the cheesecloth bg stamped over it in white in and then a whisper white panel, wasabi and then the basic grey on the top. I used the ticket corner punch to add some detail to the main panels corners. The sentiment is actually on top of the hodgepodge hardware and then tied on with the wasabi double stitched ribbon. I this this technique is super pretty and love how it gives the images such a soft look.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger ~amy~ said…

    MAGNIFICENT!!!! I love it...you know I've had that set for awhile and it hasn't been inked yet {gasp!}. Hmm....I think I'll have to remedy that...thanks for the inspiration!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home