Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

It's the little things...

Yesterdays sketch challenge on Splitcoast was a great layout and I simply had to play along. Do you ever have those days/nights when the creative juices just don't flow and everything you try is a complete disaster?? Lol, well that was me last night. Finally after multiple tries my mojo picked itself out of the trash can and decided to co-operate, and I am thrilled with the outcome! I decided to pull out "lovely as a tree" and designed the card from there. I embossed the tree in copper emboss powder and stamped the sentiment from last year's sell-a-bration set "happy harmony" (I love the sentiments in that set!!). I used some scrap patterned paper I had (cosmo cricket) and used some bazzil cs for matting (it was the only shade that came close to the colours in the patterned paper; cajun I believe). I added the tres chic bg in so saffron onto barely banana cs for the card base. A simple card but very striking I think.

stamps: lovely as a tree, tres chic bg, happy harmony. CS: barely banana, very vanilla, cajun (bazzil), Cosmo cricket pp. Ink: So saffron, chocolate chip, versamark. Access: copper emboss powder, heat gun, kraft taffeta ribbon.

I have decided to start keeping a notebook of some of these sketches to use again in the future. My favorite of all the challenges Splitcoast offers is definately the sketch and I do enjoy the colour combo's too. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy them all but we all have to have a favorite...right! Wink!

Thanks for stopping in.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger ~amy~ said…

    What a great combo of images...beautiful card!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home