Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Cupid's Heart...



Happy Valentine's Day!!!


My neighbour asked me if I would make him a Valentine's Day card for him to give to his wife and of course I said yes! I planned on making something totally different, started putting it together and realized that I did not have the stamp set that I had envisioned (namely, Always) which I just happened to place on last nights order...how ironic...lol. How did I get these hearts then you ask? I had them pre-stamped from when I borrowed the set from my friend, and it is a good thing I did because, I could not think of anything beyond my original vision and it took me awhile to come up with this. At our last demonstrators meet (a large group of us from the area meet and discuss our business, do make and takes and have a wonderful time together) one of the demonstrators did a make and take showcasing the "heart pocket", and placed the 2 hearts inside the pocket...genius!! The heart pocket templat is available on Splitcoast here. So, I borrowed that idea and built the card around the pocket from there.

I used 2 scoops patterned paper from Basic grey and it tied in perfectly for the feel of this card. Lot's of layers, dazzling diamonds on the hearts and the pocket popped up onto dimensionals. Some elegent black velvet ribbon with an oval tag and gold organdy ribbon finished this card off beautifully. The sentiment on the tag "my love" was done on the computer. The sentiment I added in the inside was perfect for my neighbour and his wife (I found it on Quote garden) it says: "What I need to live has been given to me by the earth. Why I need to live has been given to me by you".

Stamps: Always. CS: purely pomegranate, basic black, pretty in pink, blush blossom and 2 scoops by Basic Grey. Ink: purely pomegranate. Access: black velvet ribbon and gold organdy (May Arts), brads and eyelet (making memories), cropodial, large and small oval punches, dimensionals, heart pocket template, dazzling diamonds and 2 way glue pen.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day with their loved ones!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home