Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Embossed love and motifs...


Another style of Valentine's for the sale basket. The swirl for Baroque motifs is embossed in black, the love sentiment and "medallions" are embossed in gold. The medallions are cut out and raised on dimensionals, the design is finished off with some gold organdy ribbon and some gold cord. The red panel is matted onto some gold cs and mounted onto the black base.
Once again, a very simple design but, elegent none-the-less. I love Valentine's day. My daughter had her pre-school party today and it brought back memories from when I was in grade school. Remember the paper bag "mailboxes" we made to hold all of our Valentines?? They still do it...ha ha ha! The utter excitement of looking at each Valentine, feeling so special. Ahhhhh...the memories. Unfortunately, I just realized that I forgot to photograph what I made for the pre-school class, so will be unable to show you all. I made pencil boxes (Lauraly designed these and also shared the template on her blog, check it out here) that hold 4 Valentine's pencils, with ribbon tied around the top with a little tag hanging off...they were super cute. At least you can get an idea of the style by visiting Laualy's excellent blog.
Thanks for stopping in today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home