Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Best Birthday clown...



Woo Hoo! Grab your sunglasses cause this is a bright one!! Lol. Bright colours take me right out of my comfort zone but sometimes, you just need those bright colours for a certain type of card...Ya know what I mean? Beate always posts a weekend sketch challenge on her blog, so I decided to combine it with the weekly technique tutorial on Splitcoast (check it out here) chalkboard technique. What a fun technique, I love the way it looks!

I started with a real red base and stamped the dotted background with white craft ink. I added a strip of Basic Grey colour me happy patterned paper matted with a strip of basic black cs. I stamped the Birthday sentiment and added a jumbo eyelet with some Making Memories (?) ribbon. The chalboard technique is super easy to do. Basically you want a solid type stamp and stamp it onto dark cs using white craft ink. Then, just dab on chalks, use a swiffer cloth pad to wipe away the excess chalk...voila!

Stamps: Clowning around (retired), dotted bg, it's your Birthday. CS: real red, basic black, brilliant blue, whisper white and Basic Grey colour me happy patterned paper. Inks: white craft ink, basic black. Access: chalks, qtips, jumbo eyelet, crop-o-dial, Making Memories ribbon (?).

3 Comments:

  • At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a wonderful card! I love your Chalkboard technique sample!
    Hugs and smiles

     
  • At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the chalkboard tech, colors, the clown scares me!lol

     
  • At 9:27 PM, Blogger Heather Grow said…

    Very cool example of the chalkboard technique. It makes me want to try it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home