Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Rocky Seaside...



For the colour challenge on Splitcoast today it was: river rock, basic black and whisper white. Such an elegent colour combo! I decided to start stocking up and making Mother's Day cards in my spare time in preparation for that big holiday. (I sell LOTS of cards for that holiday so having a bunch on hand will be handy!). I mounted my brand new "Seaside" set and decided to get it inky...I adore this set already.

I stamped the shells with black staz on onto watercolour paper. I masked them and then stamped the watercolour panel with the cheesecloth background in river rock ink (sort of hard to see in the photo). I stamped the smaller shells onto watercolour paper scraps and then coloured all the shells with river rock and I sneaked in a little soft sky for contrast. I cut them out and then mounted them with dimensionals. I added basic black mats to really make this card pop. I am very happy with the way this one turned out, very elegent. I love anything to do with the seashore or ocean so this set was a natural choice for me.

Stamps: Seaside, Holidays & wishes, cheesecloth background. CS: whisper white, basic black, river rock, and watercolour paper. Ink: black staz on, river rock and soft sky. Access: paintbrush, dimensionals, white taffeta ribbon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home