Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Ginger blossom sketch...



Yesterdays sketch challenge on Splitcoast was a great one...as soon as I saw the sketch, I knew the basis of my card. Unfortunately, this card did "change" a lot before it was completed and I was content with it. I'm sure you all know exactly what I am talking about....one of those cards that you fiddle with, fiddle a little more, a little more and then it's finally complete.

I stamped the card base with the flower bunch stamp from "embrace life" in groovy guava onto the co-ordinating cs. The mellow moss panel is stamped in the matching ink using the canvas bg. With my smallest circle punch, I punched out circles in ruby red cs and adhered them along the edge of the ginger blossom paper to make scallops. The main image is stamped in basic black, and then I used my blender pen to colour the leaves with river rock ink. The blossom was stamped and embossed onto ruby red cs unsing black emboss powder. I used my ruby red marker and coloured the doubled up areas to give the blossom some depth and contast. I added some double stitched river rock ribbon and added my sentiment. The sentiment and the blossom are both popped up with dimensionals.

Stamps: embrace life, canvas background. Cs: groovy guava, mellow moss, river rock, ruby red, very vanilla and ginger blossom patterned paper. Inks: basic black, river rock, ruby red marker, and versamark pad. Access: black emboss powder, heat gun, small circle punch, river rock dbl stitched ribbon, dimensionals, blender pens, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 1/8" circle punch, largest oval punch.

Thanks for checking out my latest!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home