Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Monday, March 24, 2008

Whoooo's Bday?

When I was last in my "somewhat local stamp store" I picked up this adorable stamp by Stampendous. It's from their Olie & Olivia line. I almost didn't buy it as I didn't know what sort of cards I would make with it but it was so cute and kept calling my name that I couldn't resist and bought him right up!!
I needed to make a card for my Father-in-law's Birthday and wanted to use this stamp. I stamped him in basic black and coloured him using my prismacolour pencils, gamsol and a stump. I find colouring using this medium very relaxing and soothing and I love the finished look. I added a blue line around the image to really make the image pop. I matched the image up with the striped paper from the "picnic" designer paper and took my colour combo from that. I added a couple of jumbo eyelets to finish this masculine card.

Stamps: Ollie & Olivia (Stampendous). CS: bashful blue, old olive, pumpkin pie, whisper white, picnic designer paper. Ink: basic black. Access: jumbo eyelets, prismacolour pencils, gamsol, stumps, computer for sentiments.

I will give directions for the tea caddy that I last posted soon within the next few days. I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter and the Easter bunny spoiled ya all. My family and I headed to Victoria to spend the weekend with my Grandma. It was a nice relaxing time but, not nearly long enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home