Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Carte Wedding...


Last weeks colour challenge on Splitcoast was: Kraft, orchid oppulence and sage shadow. If you would like to check it out, click here. I had to use lavender lace instead as I don't have the orchid ink. I decided to use my friends "carte postal" set that I borrowed from her and make a wedding card. There is lot's of heat embossing on this card!
I stamped the baroque bg onto the sage panel with versamark and then heat embossed it with clear powder. I stamped the square medallion in sage ink, I stamped the swallows in caramel ink and then covered the pieces with versamark and embossed them with clear powder as well. I layered the center image onto lavender cs and used the horizontal slot punch on each side, so I could thread my ribbon through. The center image is up on dimensionals along with the swallows to really add some dimension to this card. I added a small sentiment using the oval punches and threaded it through the ribbon so it hangs nicely. I had run out of gold brads so I took my silver ones, heated the brad (using scissors as tweezers) using my heat gun, dipped the brad into my gold emboss powder and then re heated it with the gun...voila! gold brads. For the finishing touch, I added a rhinestone to the center image for some bling factor!
Supplies:
Stamps: Carte postale, baroque bg, and small script. CS: Kraft, lavender lace, sage shadow, and whisper white. Inks: versamark, sage shadow, lavender lace and creamy caramel. Access: May arts ribbon, gold cord, brads, dimensionals, clear and gold emboss powder, heat gun, horizontal slot punch, ticket corner punch, rhinestone, and crystal effects.
These colours were really a challenge for me and totally out of my comfort zone. That's the beauty of the challenges....make you really stretch your imagination and get you stamping. It only took me over a week to try this one out...ha ha ha!
Thanks for stopping in!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home