Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Saturday, April 05, 2008

VSN and a giggle...




This weekend on Splitcoast, it is VSN weekend. Which means, virtual stamp night. The whole weekend, various challenges are posted and they all have a common theme. This months theme is "fashion". I don't usually take part in these, or if I do, I just do a challenge here and there, so, I don't have a lot of experiance doing these. I am gonna tell you about my "whoops" incident. So, I read through the challenges that have been posted and see one about faux silk technique and decided to run off and do it. I actually made 5 (all the same), to sell for Mother's Day. As, I am getting ready to upload I notice that this particular challenge is actually from March's mini VSN and they had closed that thread due to confusion...ha ha ha. So there I am working so diligently, proud of myself for taking part and the challenge is old. Typical me....hee hee!
Anywho, I love the way this one turned out so figured I would share it here anyways. Beate has an awesome tutorial for the faux silk technique and I highly suggest trying it out. It is such an elegant look! Check out the tutorial here.
I started out by stamping the "blossoms abound" stamp in pretty in pink onto the white tissue paper. I 2 step stamped it with the regal rose. The leaves were done with mellow moss and certainly celery. Then, I used my sentiment stamp from Hero arts and stamped that over everything. I crumpled up the tissue paper and then used my glue stick and glued it onto a white piece of cs the same size as the tissue paper. I added my coloured mats, my ribbon and
added a long hat style pin (I bought off ebay years ago) and added some tiny beads to it. Just the right touch of elegance.

Stamps: blossoms abound, sentiment Hero Arts. CS: regal rose, certainly celery, basic black, white, tissue paper. Inks: pretty in pink, regal rose, mellow moss, certainly celery, and basic black. Access: Organdy ribbon (May Arts), gold cord, T pin, beads, glue stick.


Hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 Comments:

  • At 6:19 AM, Blogger Sandy B said…

    Gorgeous card Jen!! Looks like you had fun at VSN. I've never participated before.

    Also...you've been tagged! The info is on my blog. Hope you decide to play along!!

     
  • At 12:42 PM, Blogger Godchick said…

    Cute card! I'm going to have to try VSN one time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home