Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Saturday, April 05, 2008

VSN and a giggle...




This weekend on Splitcoast, it is VSN weekend. Which means, virtual stamp night. The whole weekend, various challenges are posted and they all have a common theme. This months theme is "fashion". I don't usually take part in these, or if I do, I just do a challenge here and there, so, I don't have a lot of experiance doing these. I am gonna tell you about my "whoops" incident. So, I read through the challenges that have been posted and see one about faux silk technique and decided to run off and do it. I actually made 5 (all the same), to sell for Mother's Day. As, I am getting ready to upload I notice that this particular challenge is actually from March's mini VSN and they had closed that thread due to confusion...ha ha ha. So there I am working so diligently, proud of myself for taking part and the challenge is old. Typical me....hee hee!
Anywho, I love the way this one turned out so figured I would share it here anyways. Beate has an awesome tutorial for the faux silk technique and I highly suggest trying it out. It is such an elegant look! Check out the tutorial here.
I started out by stamping the "blossoms abound" stamp in pretty in pink onto the white tissue paper. I 2 step stamped it with the regal rose. The leaves were done with mellow moss and certainly celery. Then, I used my sentiment stamp from Hero arts and stamped that over everything. I crumpled up the tissue paper and then used my glue stick and glued it onto a white piece of cs the same size as the tissue paper. I added my coloured mats, my ribbon and
added a long hat style pin (I bought off ebay years ago) and added some tiny beads to it. Just the right touch of elegance.

Stamps: blossoms abound, sentiment Hero Arts. CS: regal rose, certainly celery, basic black, white, tissue paper. Inks: pretty in pink, regal rose, mellow moss, certainly celery, and basic black. Access: Organdy ribbon (May Arts), gold cord, T pin, beads, glue stick.


Hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 Comments:

  • At 6:19 AM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Gorgeous card Jen!! Looks like you had fun at VSN. I've never participated before.

    Also...you've been tagged! The info is on my blog. Hope you decide to play along!!

     
  • At 12:42 PM, Blogger Godchick said…

    Cute card! I'm going to have to try VSN one time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home