Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Fly Father...



I finally ordered this set, it had been on my wishlist since the new catty came out. I have in actuality had the stamp for a couple of weeks and finally got it inky the other night. I LOVED watercolouring this image!! It was so fun and it was also the first time I ever blended and layered different colours together while watercolouring....Oh I know, the adventurousness never stops around here....snicker!

I stamped the fly fisherman in blk staz on, onto watercolour paper. I stamped the weathered bg over top of the whole image (after stamping off once) so the effect would be very subtle. The base layer (sage shadow) is stamped in corresponding ink with the canvas bg stamp. The colour combo for this card came directly from the wanted designer paper (from last years catty). I added my Sakuras stardust gelly pen onto the fish so he is sort of shimmery like the scales on a real fish. He is popped up on dimensionals and attached to some hemp twine. The sentiment is from Hero Arts.

Supplies:

stamps: on the fly, weathered bg, canvas bg, flannel plaid bg, sentiment (Hero Arts). CS: sage shadow, chocolate chip, creamy caramel, watercolour paper, wanted designer paper. Inks: Blk staz on, sage shadow, creamy caramel, chocolate chip, old olive, always artichoke, blue bayou and blush blossom. Access: hemp twine, watercolour paint brush, dimensionals.

This is non stamping related info from here on it so, feel free to skip over...lol. I was tagged by Sandy (check out her wonderful blog here) to list 7 random things about me....so here it goes:

1. I love the ocean, any images, stamps, and just being there (especially lighthouses!)

2. I dislike coffee! cannot stand it in the very least, but LOVE coffee stamps and images. I am a tea kind of girl.

3. I constantly change my hair styles, cuts and colours

4. I am an outdoors kind of girl but wish I had more time to be out there...camping, snowboarding, hiking, and cannot wait to learn how to surf, and start biking!

5. I swear I have forsight and esp sometimes

6. When I was a child I was a gymnast and used to take part in competitions and placed twice in the local newspaper.

7. I swear I am ambidextrous. I am right handed but use my left more than I should. If I open a jar or twist tie, I hold the item in my right hand and twist or open with my left...

Thanks for the tag Sandy!


4 Comments:

  • At 5:27 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    What a great card - I love that set, although I don't have it. Might have to snag it from you.

     
  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger Alison H said…

    Beautiful card! Honestly, I didn't know what anyone could do with a faceless fisherman...

    You did a wonderful job with that card... the whole thing!

     
  • At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've not liked this set until NOW!! This is the best sample I've seen with this image. Great job!

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    We have some things in common ... I'm not a coffee drinker either, but yet I love coffee stamps and seem to have a never ending collection of coffee mugs. Plus we're both ambidextrous ... just on opposite sides ... too funny. Thanks for playing along. It's a fun way to learn more about one another.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home