Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

GinaK release party challenges...




Gina K designs celebrated with a release party this weekend and posted some fun challenges. I decided to take part in them and have 2 cards to share today. Both challenges were sketches. I don't have very many Gina K sets, so was quite limited as to what images I was able to use. For the first one, I used up some scraps of some old paper I have had kicking around for at least a couple of years. I coloured the main image using my prismacolour pencils and then added some "snow" using my liquid applique. I stitched all the paper down to add a "warm" feeling to the design. I added a ghost shape (Heidi Swap) snowflake and used some paint to make it a little more visible and then added this pearl brad I found in the wedding section of M's to finish it off.

For the second sketch card, I pulled out my "way to go" set
and decided to go with a very humoures Father's Day card.
I pulled out some Basic Grey patterned paper I have had
stashed for a while and went to work. I stamped the toilet and covered it with crystal effects to give it a porcelain look. I added a slit in the toilet so I could put the toilet plunger right into the "bowl". The dotted bg panel is up on dimensionals as well as the toilet. I added the crown from the retired pretty princess set and added a sentiment with the computer, unfortunately the sentiment is not very visible. It reads " KING of the castle". I finished the design off with some ribbon.

Supplies:

card 1: stamps: Got snow? (Gina K). CS: wild wasabi, elegant eggplant, real red, Autumn leaves patterned paper. Ink: blk staz on. Access: stitched wasabi ribbon, ghost shape (Heidi Swap), paint (MM), pearl brad, giga scallop punch, mega circle punch, liquid applique, prisma colour pencils, gamsol, stumps, sewing machine.

card 2: stamps: Way to Go! (Gina K), pretty princess. CS: night of navy, whisper white and basic grey patterned paper. Ink: blk staz on, night of navy, barely banana marker, river rock. Access: navy grosgrain ribbon, crystal effects, Sakura gelly roll pen, blender pens, dimensionals, exacto knife, computer (for sentiment).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home