Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Jungle inspiration...



I combined 2 challenges to make this card. I took part in the inspiration challenge on Splitcoast today and Amy Rysavy's weekend sketch challenge. Check out the inspiration challenge here. Here is a link to Amy's blog and here is the inspiration piece that sparked this creation.

I have had this paper sitting around for-evah with no idea what to do with it. One of those paper purchases that you think are cute but once purchased think "what in the world do I do with it now?!"....lol. You know we all have those papers stashed away somewhere. I unfortunately do that waaay too much and regularly have to go through my paper stash and donate it to my daughter's pre-school.

Anyways, back to the card: not too much explanation needed here as it is a pretty straight forward design. The whole lion panel (mustard, burgundy and circle panel) is popped up onto dimensionals. I used the horizontal slot punch to weave the ribbon through. I stamped the lion out 3 times, twice with cocoa ink and once with mustard ink. I cut out his mane and his face and popped them up with dimensionals as well. The sentiment was done using white emboss powder.

Supplies:

Stamps: wild about you. CS: garden green, more mustard, bravo burgundy, whisper white and Karen Foster patterned paper (zoo stripes). Inks: close to cocoa, more mustard, brocade blue, creamy caramel and versamark. Access: old olive 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, white emboss powder, heat gun, horizontal slot punch, and dimensionals.

I am off to Victoria for the night to visit my Grandma for the night. With any luck, I will get a shopping trip to the Lululemon store and hopefully a large stamp store....


2 Comments:

  • At 1:52 PM, Blogger Maureen said…

    Totally adorable!! That paper works perfectly with this set - great job!!

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger Denise Marzec said…

    Love, love, LOVE this DP!! So vibrant and goes so well with the Lion/jungle theme!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home