Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Lemonade anyone??




I happened to see a card that someone on Splitcoast made using the tart and tangy as a lemon and stamped their background like this. I was so inspired to pair it up with these Amuse lemonade stand images someone sent to me as a gift early this year.

I coloured the lemonade stands using prisma colour pencils, gamsol and a stump. For this first card I mounted the image onto a mega scallop punch in yo yo yellow and added some ribbon. The card base is so saffron and the lemon panel is matted with a narrow yo yo cs mat. I added a little saffron scallop strip and then popped the main image up on dimensionals. The sentiment " when life hands you lemons..." was done on the computer. The inside says "make lemonade" (of course!) and I plan to enclose a packette of kool aid lemonade.


For the second card I used the sames base and mat colours.
I punched a giga square into the lemon background. I layered the yo yo mat and then used an exacto knife to cut away the inner square (leaving a small edge to continue with the mat). I added some ribbon and in the center of the knot sewed a small yellow flower button. I raised the lemon and yo yo panel up onto dimensionals so that the lemonade stand is "sunken". Once again, I used the computer for my sentiment "lifes simple pleasures..."

Supplies:
Stamps: Tart and tangy, lemonade stand (Amuse). CS: so saffron, yo yo yellow, whisper white. Ink: yo yo yellow. Access: prisma colour pencils, gamsol, stumps, dimensionals, yellow grosgrain ribbon, horizontal slot punch, slit punch, mega scallop circle punch, 2" circle punch, giga square punch, flower button, and computer for sentiments.
I adore the way these cards turned out...so cute and summery. I will have to find someone in the PIF forum with this stamp on their list and stalk them for awhile...hee hee!
Thanks for checking out my latest!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home