Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Featured simplicity...



I apologize in advance for the quality of this photo, I seriously took 24 shots of this card and this was as good as it's gonna get...lol. Maybe I will try and get a better shot tomorrow? maybe not. lol.

The featured stamper on Splitcoast was Peanutbee (Denise) and I am a huge fan of her work and could not pass up the opportunity to case one of her gorgeous cards. Check out Denise's blog here. This is the card I chose to case and tried to keep the beautiful simplicity in mine as she did in her card. I am of course designing Father's day cards like a mad woman to get into the locations I sell them in early. I inked up my brand new "Father knows best" set from Papertrey Ink. I LOVE this set and must say if you are at all on the fence about getting this one....just DO IT! You will not regret it.

Not too many details to report to you on this one but here goes: I stamped the sentiment in blue bayou ink first and then stamped the "compass" image randomly (a joy of having acrylic stamps, you have total control and know where each image is going to go) in close to cocoa ink. Matted the main panel onto blue bayou cs and then the card base is whisper white. I tied on some bayou stitched ribbon and my simple Father's day design in complete.

Stamps: Father know's best (Paper trey ink). CS: whisper white, blue bayou. Ink: close to cocoa and blue bayou. Access: blue bayou double stitched ribbon.

Thanks for checking out my latest!


1 Comments:

  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger Denise Marzec said…

    FANTASTIC father's day card! Beautiful stamping, my friend.

    ...I need to get a move on with the father's day cards myself...oye, I'm so behind.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home