Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Papyrus inspired...



I made this for todays inspiration challenge on Splitcoast. What a fun inspirational piece this week: En Fleur candles. I had a vision of what I wanted to do and this one transferred straightaway onto cs just like I wanted. This card was super quick to make! The paper is by Provo craft and I almost go rid of it several times, because I have seriously had this sheet of paper for probably about 3 years. I love this paper but could never find a use for it and today was it's lucky day! LOL. Anyways, I embossed the leafy stamp from Embrace life with black emboss powder onto celery cs. I embossed the sentiment and edges around the main panel with gold emboss powder to tie in the gold in the patterned paper. Matted with blk cs to really make it pop! and as a finishing touch grabbed some Asian themed coins (I found in Walmart a few years back) and tied it on with gold cord. The main image panel is up on dimensionals to add some depth to the card. I thought this would make a nice graduation card, but with the change of a sentiment would even make a nice wedding or even sympathy card.

Supplies:

Stamps: Embrace life, happy harmony (retired). CS: basic black, certainly celery, patterned paper by Provo Craft. Ink: versamark. Access: black and gold emboss powder, heat gun, coin (Wal Mart), gold cord, and dimensionals.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home