Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Father's mess...



This was one of those cards I almost gave up on. This one little card drove me absolutely nuts! I had to walk away and leave it a couple of times and I just kept fiddling, and fiddling and it finally came to an end result I liked. This card started as an idea in my head that just refused to emerge on paper...lol.

Okay, deep breath....here I go: I started by stamping the fisherman and fish in versamark onto glossy white cs. I embossed it with black emboss powder and coloured him in using blender pens. Then, I sponged the water and sky and distressed the edges with walnut stain distress ink. The main image still didn't look quite right...too clean maybe? I stamped the retired cheesecloth bg in artichoke onto the main image. Then I stamped the tree cluster from "lovely as a tree" in versamark and embossed with clear powder on the kraft panel and also distressed the edges as well. I used up some more of my scraps from the winterbright paper. Stamped the "happy father's day" sentiment onto some acetate I had sitting on my table from the previous card. The ribbon I stapled on, to keep that rough unfinished look to my card and then frayed the ends of the ribbon. I tied the ribbon with some hemp twine and finally felt the card was completed.

Supplies:

stamps: on the fly, lovely as a tree, cheesecloth bg (retired), and sentiment (Hero arts). CS: true thyme, kraft, glossy white, winterbright designer paper. Ink: versamark, always artichoke, blue bayou, basic grey, river rock, so saffron, blk staz on, walnut stain distress ink (Tim Holtz). Access: sponges, black and clear emboss powder, heat gun, measuring tape twill ribbon, hemp twine, stapler, acetate.

I hope everyone has a wonderful long weekend! The warm weather is here and I cannot wait to soak it all in.....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home