Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Mellow hugs...



Okay, this is the first chance I have had to ink up my new stamps from My Favorite things and I LOVE THIS SET!!!! It was so fun to work with. I loved colouring in and layering it for dimension and it is seriously just a sweet set. Also, for $9 how can you go wrong?! LOL!

I took part in Wednesday's sketch challenge on Splitcoast and this was the result. I saw the sketch and immediately started planning and this was one of those happy creating days when everything went smoothly and turned out just how I had imagined in my head...YAY!

I started by stamping the image twice. Then using my fiskars circle cutter cut around the dog and child leaving the top of his head to be cut out and "popping out of the circle". I coloured the images using prisma's, gamsol and stumps and then using my black marker, inked up the childs shorts and then stamped them onto the patterned paper so I could paper piece them on. I cut the second stamped image completely out and (on dimensionals) layered over top of the circle cut one. Using my stipple brush I made grass and sky for the main image and then layered it all onto the giga scallop punch. I layered on my patterned paper (Basic Grey Mellow collection) how perfect is that tree paper?! So cute! I stamped the bone tag, coloured it and added ribbon and dimensionals.

Stamps: Friends furever (My Favorite Things). CS: so saffron, ruby red, whisper white, and Basic Grey Mellow collection. Ink: blk staz on. Access: giga scallop punch, fiskars circle cutter, blk gingham ribbon, dimensionals, glue dots, exacto knife, stipple brush, prisma pencils, gamsol, stumps.

Hope everyone has a great day and happy stamping!


4 Comments:

  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger Denise Marzec said…

    Love everything about this card! Great DP, great coloring, and I love the out-of-the-box technique. Rockin' card!

     
  • At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love everything about your card! Adorable!

     
  • At 4:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    awwwwwwwwwww this is sooo sweet, I started to cry,I have a friend with a sick dog, wish I had this stampset!...GREAT job!!!!
    Sam
    stampster2004@yahhoo.com

     
  • At 11:21 PM, Blogger There She Goes Clear Stamps said…

    Amazing job, I love this one too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home