Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

A creative challenge




While surfing Denise's blog, I came across a challenge blog called "our creative corner". A bunch of gals get together weekly and send out a challenge (that is totally different every week so, you have no idea what it is going to be). This is my first time participating and I had so much fun. The challenge this week was to use buttons and brads (minimum one of each) on your design. I combined that challenge with Beate's weekend sketch challenge.


This is seriously only the 3rd time that I have ever made these tall style cards...they totally intimidate me for some reason and I cannot photograph them well for the life of me...ha ha ha! I decided to use my "summer by the sea" set and matched it up with this paper I have had in my stash forever. This card took me a lot longer to do than it should have ad I stamped the boy right onto the river rock cs, coloured him all in using my Prisma's, gamsol and stumps and then stamped my stitches and then realized that I wanted to pop him up on dimensionals...lol. So, I had to stamp him and colour him again! But, I think the extra time was well worth it. Once I cut him out, using my 2way glue pen I outlined the waves and added dazzling diamonds and then popped him up with dimensionals. The stitching is done using the "all in a row" set and I stamped the stitches along the main image edges and also along all the edges of the patterned paper. I added some buttons and brads for the finishing touches and then added my sentiment. I love the finishing look that the buttons added to this design.


This was a really fun sketch layout that I can definately see myself using again.


Stamps: Summer by the sea, all in a row, live your dream. CS: river rock and patterned paper by Wild Asparagus. Ink: chocolate chip. Access: Prisma colour pencils, gamsol, stumps, dimensionals, buttons, brads, hemp thread, glue dots, kraft taffeta ribbon, paper piercer, mat pack.




Thanks as always for stopping in and checking out my latest!


1 Comments:

  • At 5:47 PM, Blogger Denise Marzec said…

    Gorgeous coloring on that image. Summer by the Sea is one of my favorite sets and I don't think I'll ever part with it. Love all the faux stitching too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home