Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Taken with wasabi blossoms...



I decided to combine today's colour challenge on Splitcoast with Julee's Monday mojo sketch challenge and this was the result. The colour challenge was: taken with teal, whisper white and wild wasabi. A little side note....my teal ink does not match my cardstock at all! They are completely different colours...lol.

I think I may be the only person who has not purchased any nestabilities yet...lol. So, I did my oval template on the computer, cut it out, traced it onto my cs and then cut it out again. I stamped blossoms abound over my oval (stamped taken with teal ink, stamped off twice and then the second layer stamped full strength). To get the scalloped edge around my oval, I used my small oval punch and punched oval shapes from wasabi cs, cut them in half and taped them around the oval. {{sigh}} would be so much faster with the nestabilities....

Both of the white panels were put through my cuttlebug with the swiss dots folder. The blossoms have dazzling diamonds applied randomly on some of the blossoms to give it a really sparkly appearance. The oval panel and the white panel underneath have both been popped up with dimensionals. For the final touch, I applied jewels underneath the sentiment.

I will be so sad to see this set retire....as it is one of my favorites and always a go to stand by for me....lol. Oh well though! You know what they say, out with the old and in with the new, and I cannot wait to see what the new catty will bring. With that said, I won't ever get rid of this set...hee hee!

Stamps: blossoms abound, holidays & wishes. CS: taken with teal, whisper white and wild wasabi. Ink: same. Access: jewels (Heidi Swapp), dazzling diamonds, 2 way glue pen, wild wasabi double stitched ribbon, dimensionals, small oval punch, ticket corner punch, slit punch, cuttle bug, swiss dot's emboss folder.

Thanks for checking in!


2 Comments:

  • At 6:24 PM, Blogger Denise Marzec said…

    Beautiful!!

    ...and I don't have the ovals in the nesties yet either. Have all the others, just not ovals. What's taking us so long?? :)

     
  • At 8:02 AM, Blogger Amy said…

    Wowsers, that is a lot of layers but it sure is beautiful! This is my most recent purchase and I am so disapointed to see it retire. Oh well. That's what happens! This is a great card.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home